Friday, November 21, 2014

What THEY see in that distorted mirror...

I did NOT write this, but I wanted to share it. Reading it gave me even MORE insight into the "clone like" nature of the narcs. Many of these things, I was already aware of in my narc hell. A few, I had assumed were simply issues that were his alone...OBVIOUSLY, I was MISTAKEN. Take, for instance, the one about food.

"If I like a certain food or flavor, so should everyone else."  

That is SO SPOT on that it floored me. If he did not like something, he would NEVER insist the children try it...but if he DID like something, the fact that they did NOT was "ridiculous". He ACTUALLY made statements like "How can anyone not like HAM, its GOOD! He is simply trying to cause trouble! That's why he won't eat it!" There was NO CONCEPT in his mind that would allow for ANYONE NOT TO LIKE the things he judged to be "good"

and....

"If I see you focused on something, (big or small), I will probably try to do something to distract you, stop you, block you, scare you, or sabotage you."

Again, spot on! He was ENDLESSLY, trying to talk to me while I was concentrating on other things and then getting angry that I did not turn all attention to him....yet if he was watching a show nobody better SPEAK to him until a commercial came on!

This is just too accurate for words. I bet you find the same if you have dealt with a narc sociopath. They are cloned from the same evil and nasty mold and they are not "fixable".


Shared by Brenda Shinabery...great info Brenda!!!

Ever want to know what they truly think and believe...this is it....

~~~ Perceptions of a Narcissist~~~~

  • If I don't agree with you, you're wrong.
  • If I don't like it, nobody should like it. You shouldn't like it.
  • If I don't understand it, it doesn't make sense and it's not logical.
  • If I didn't see it, it didn't happen.
  • If I don't believe it, it's not true.
  • If I didn't hear it, it doesn't exist.
  • If I didn't think of it, it's a waste of time.
  • If I don't see any personal gain in something for myself, I won't give any help or support, and I'll likely try to block or sabotage it.
  • If I believe that it's true and correct, then it's absolute concrete fact.
  • I am entitled to treat others according to my current mood, and according to how I have JUDGED THEM.
  • Rules and laws don't really apply to me, personally; I'm above them.
  • I'm too important to have to use "manners" and "etiquette", especially toward those who aren't important like I am.
  • I'm too important to take time or effort in treating others with consideration, respect, courtesy or care.
  • I feel entitled to stare at, watch, judge, and "assess" others, and then "advise" or criticize them.
  • I feel entitled to invade the personal space and privacy of others, and to change things in their lives around.
  • I feel entitled to the resources of others, and to take, use, change, give away, or discard their possessions without their permission.
  • I feel entitled to have control over the relationships between people I know.
  • I feel entitled to interrupt others when they're speaking, because what I have to say is much more important.
  • I am entitled to tell you what you should be doing, at any time, about anything at all.
  • I feel entitled to make major life decisions for other adults.
  • I feel entitled to "lead" any crowd or group I happen to find myself in.
  • I feel entitled to influence or TELL others how they should see another person, how they should feel toward another person, and how they should treat another person.
  • I feel extremely "burdened" by others who expect me to treat them with basic manners, courtesy, and respect.
  • (Unless it's someone I greatly admire, adulate, and am intimidated by.)
  • If someone I admire (or worship) said it, it has to be true and factual.
  • If someone I don't like or admire said it, then it's automatically stupid, nonsensical, crazy and wrong.
  • If I'm afraid of it, everyone else should be too, or they're stupid or crazy.
  • If I enjoy something, it's automatically "okay" to do.
  • If I don't like this person, no one else should either.
  • If I like a certain food or flavor, so should everyone else.
  • If you disagree with me, you're wrong, stupid, and disrespecting me.
  • If I will gain from doing something, then I'll do it even if it causes harm to others, as long as I can avoid consequences for myself.
  • Anyone who does not see me as literally perfect and above reproach at all times is an enemy and an inferior.
  • My knowledge, skill, ability, and perception are above reproach; there is no doubt, no missing information, and no "room for improvement".
  • If I cheat, lie, steal, backstab, bully, manipulate, slander, rage, attack, con, and cause harm or damage, it's because of an "important reason" that everyone should "understand".
  • Whatever I do is always justified, no matter what it is.
  • Anyone who "crosses" me is always the one who "did wrong", and should be "punished", and I am always innocent of wrongdoing.
  • I am entitled to do whatever I feel like doing, because I'm such a good...smart...experienced...skilled...strong...wonderful...perfect person.
  • I expect recognition, credit, and praise for anything I have done, and I will announce each thing that I've done to be sure.
  • Those who don't give me all the recognition, praise, and "respect" that I think I deserve are just jealous.
  • If I find you attractive, I will expect you to find me attractive as well.
  • if you don't go along with my romantic gestures, you're stuck-up and spoiled.
  • If I don't find you physically attractive, I will probably judge you as an inferior human being, and I will expect everyone else to agree with me about your inferior status.
  • Anyone who does not treat me as if I am utterly perfect, completely innocent, very admirable, very righteous, very attractive, intellectually superior, or always 100% correct is attacking me.(Or they're very stupid, or crazy.)
  • If I see you working on something, planning something, or concentrating on something, I will probably give you lots of criticism and advice, and that's especially true if I don't really know much about what you're doing.
  • If I see you focused on something, (big or small), I will probably try to do something to distract you, stop you, block you, scare you, or sabotage you.

  • If I don't think you're capable of something, then I will simply continue to believe that, regardless of reality, forever.
  • If you show that you are indeed capable, right in front of my face, 100 times in a row, I will simply ignore reality and continue to believe my fantasy.
  • If I know about something, I'm an expert, and therefore you can't know much about it at all.
  • (Because I own the knowledge or skill...and if you don't recognize that I own it, then it's because you're jealous and wish you were the one who owned it...)
  • If we did something together, I will probably tell everyone I did it by myself.
  • If they know you were there, then I'll twist the story to make it sound like I was the one who did all the work or had all the ideas.
  • If I helped you do something, I will probably tell everyone that it was my own project, idea, or experience, and "forget" to mention you.
  • If you paid for most or all of something we did together or bought together, I will simply delete the facts and twist reality to make it sound like we paid 50/50, or that I was the one who paid for everything.
  • If you helped me with something, I will probably tell everyone that I did it all by myself with my own hard work and ingenuity, and try hard to hide the fact that you helped me.
  • If something I did failed, if you were anywhere near me at the time I will put the entire blame on you, even if you had nothing to do with it.
  • If you have something I want, then I want to take it away from you so I have it and you don't.
  • If you are talking about yourself instead of me even for a couple of minutes, I will become very bored, probably annoyed, and change the subject. (Back to me somehow, or at least AWAY from you.)
  • If you talk about anything that I'm not "into" right at the moment, I will probably try to shut down the subject somehow, perhaps by criticizing or insulting you, or by creating a distraction (ow, my hand hurts, oh my gosh a spider), by changing the topic, or even by flying into a rage as if you're insulting or abusing me by talking about the subject.
  • If there's anything about you that others might find admirable, attractive, or respect-worthy, I'll either try to take credit for it or try to make you lose it somehow.
  • Or, I'll try to make others forget about you and your admirable assets and virtues, and make them pay attention to me instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment